Boston Celebrates 11/11/11 With A Time Travelers Costume Ball
Have you ever had déjà vu? Have you happened to notice repeatedly when your clock reads 11:11? Have you watched “12 Monkeys,” “Time Bandits,” or the over-the-top romantic drama “Somewhere In Time” more times than you can count? Are you an H.G. Wells fan? Do you feel like you’re from another time? Well, here’s a chance to dress up as a visitor from any time in the past or the future for the Time Travelers' Costume Ball. This once-in-a-century event, hosted by gender-bending (and time-bending) performer, Johnny Blazes, will be packed with entertainment from the fourth dimension including:
• Art-soul band, What Time Is It, Mr. Fox?
• Steampunk stars, Emperor Norton’s Stationary Marching Band
• Soul/funk group, Johnny Blazes and the Pretty Boys
• Kielbasia, the accordion-playing Polish lunch lady
• Comedian/performance artist, Evan O’Television
• Lolli Hoops and her speed of light hula hoop
• Special guest circus performers
• Local animation and film shorts
• Costume prizes
This variety-packed party will take the audience on a trip, bouncing
forwards and backwards through time, music, style, laughs, sex, and
relativity, culminating in a mind-altering dance party.
8pm – 11pm
at Machine 1254 Boylston Street Boston, MA.
Seating is general admission. Cover is $15 at the door.